2016 Richardson Awards for Voice
Funded by the Lee C. & Mildred Richardson Scholarship Bequest
Saturday, May 14, 2016
River Terrace Christian Reformed Church
1509 River Terrace (off Hagadorn Road), East Lansing, MI 48823
First Prize: $2,000
Second Prize: $1,000
Award for Outstanding Accompanist: $500 Eligibility requirements the same as soloist.
• Contestants must be 20 to 35 years of age at the time of the audition. • Contestants must be U.S. citizens.
• Previous first place winners are ineligible.
• A pre-audition DVD including at least three of the following repertoire requirements.
• A fee of $40 (non-refundable). Make checks payable to Lansing Matinee Musicale, Inc.
• A copy of birth certificate.
• Three (3) Arias: One in Italian (Romantic era or earlier); One in different foreign language and contrasting style; and One by an American composer.
• Three (3) German Lieder.
• Three (3) French Mélodies.
• Three (3) Art Songs in English, one by an American composer. • One (1) major song cycle (list song titles to be performed).
• All music must be performed from memory.
• Each contestant must provide his/her own accompanist.
MAIL TO COMPETITION CHAIR:
3875 Roxbury Ave. Okemos, Michigan 48864 firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by April 16, 2016.
Printable Application or Online Application below.